One of the most popular Labradoodle variations is Australian Labradoodle. This one is the mix between Labradors, Poodles, English and American Cocker Spaniels, Curly Coated Retrievers, and Irish Water Spaniels. The intention to combine these breeds is to produce a new purebred with its breed standard.
Australian Labradoodles are known to be gentle, loyal, and social. When it comes to temperament, this mix is not aggressive, making it good with children. On top of that, they are also intelligent and with their brain, they are able to learn new things with ease. Due to their friendly and gentle personality, as well as the fact that they are easy to train, they are usually used as therapy and service dogs.
For anyone who is thinking of getting an Australian Labradoodle, instead of getting it from a breeder, you are recommended to look for one at a rescue. The good thing about it is not only you can save money but also you can save their life. For those who are in the United States, here is the list of best Australian Labradoodle rescues to consider:
- International Doodle Owners Group or IDOG Rescue – Texas
- Address: 6711 Stella Link Road, Suite 344, Houston, TX 77005
- Website: https://www.idogrescue.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IDOGRescue/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/idog_rescue
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/idog_rescue/
- Email: email@example.com
IDOG Rescue was founded in 2006. Just like Doodle Rescue Collective or DRC Inc., this rescue is also non-profit. This one is dedicated to rescuing maltreated, unwanted, or retired Doodles, including Australian Labradoodle.
- Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue or DVGRR – Pennsylvania
- Address: 60 Vera Cruz Road, Reinholds, PA 17569
- Phone: (717) 484-4799
- Website: https://www.dvgrr.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DVGRR
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue, which is also popular as DVGRR, is known as a dedicated rehabilitation facility for Labradoodles, Australian Labradoodles. Actually, it also takes care of the other Doodle mixes. There is no doubt that everyone at this rescue works so hard in saving dogs from irresponsible breeders and puppy mills.
- Doodle Rescue Collective Inc.
- Address: 77 Buttonwoods Avenue Warwick, RI 02886
- Website: https://doodlerescueinc.ning.com/
- Email: email@example.com
Doodle Rescue Collective or DRC Inc. is known as the non-profit that was founded in 2008. This one is run by more than 800 volunteers in both the United States and Canada. There is an adoption rehoming program provided by the rescue. With this kind of program, you are allowed to give the second chance to the unwanted or surrendered puppies or dogs.
- Doodle Rock Rescue
- Website: https://doodlerockrescue.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DoodleRockRescue/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/doodlerockrescue/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Doodle Rock Rescue was founded in 2007. This one has the goal to keep Doodles away from euthanasia. Everyone at the rescue always tries its best to rescue dogs that are in critical condition or in really bad states. All the dogs or puppies that they have successfully rescued will undergo a rehabilitation program through foster care.
- Doodle Dandy Rescue
- Address: Dallas, Texas, 75243
- Website: https://www.doodledandyrescue.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/doodledandyrescue/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7aJqDde7sGARgVUDc9tYPQ
- Email: email@example.com
Doodle Dandy Rescue is also run by volunteers. This one has the aim to rehome the dogs or puppies, including Australian Labradoodles that are found in crisis or taken from bad situations. The rescue has about 500 volunteers that are always ready to monitor shelters and to respond to the reports sent by people. Before getting helped to find their forever home, these dogs or puppies are usually placed in their foster families for more or less three weeks.
- Poodle and Pooch Rescue of Florida
- Website: https://poodleandpoochrescue.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PoodleandPoochRescueofFlorida/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Poodle and Pooch Rescue of Florida or PPRF aim to save the dogs that need help the most. Everyone there always wants to make sure that these dogs are still able to do well in their lives with the new family.
- Labs and More Rescue or LMR – California
- Address: 825 College Blvd Ste 102 PMB 356 Oceanside CA 92057
- Website: https://labsandmore.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LabsAndMore/
- Email: email@example.com
Labs and More Rescue or LMR is counted as a non-profit organization. Within a decade, this rescue has saved more than 12,000 abandoned and surrendered Labradoodles, including Australian Labradoodles. A few things that this rescue provides include medical assistance, food, shelter, spaying or neutering, core vaccine shots, veterinary checkups, surgeries, flea treatment, deworming, and so on. Before being cleared for adoption, every dog will be undergone behavioral training, so that they can live well with their new family members.
- Sugar Pine Doodles
- Address: Sugar Pine Drive Pioneer, CA 95666
- Phone: +1 209-217-7116
- Website: http://www.sugarpinedoodles.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SugarPineDoodles/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sugarpinedoodles/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sugar Pine Doodles focuses more on Doodle breeds and mixes, including Australian Labradoodles. The rescue provides temporary foster homes before these dogs are rehomed and adopted by new families. The idea of this rescue was started by an Australian Labradoodle breeder. At the time, they saw a need for this service and expanded their works to provide rescue services.
- NorCal Poodle Rescue
- Address: 10126 Alta Sierra Dr # 282 Grass Valley, CA 95949
- Phone: 925-322-0223
- Website: https://www.norcalpoodlerescueadoption.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NorCalPoodleRescue/
- Email: email@example.com
The non-profit organization called NorCal Poodle Rescue is based in California. This one focuses on taking in unwanted and abused Poodles and mixes, including Australian Labradoodles. This rescue is named as the third largest rescue in the United States. By being the third largest in the country, it is not surprising that it has a wide network of volunteers and foster families in a lot of states in the United States.
- Carolina Poodle Rescue or CPR
- Address: 6705 Union Highway Pacolet, SC 29372
- Phone: (864) 489-3559
- Website: https://carolinapoodlerescue.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CarolinaPoodleRescue/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolina Poodle Rescue or CPR is named as one of the best rescues that have dedicated facilities for rehabilitation and rescuing. The name of the facility that the rescue has is called the Dreamweaver farms. This one is located at Pecolet, South Carolina. Thanks to this facility, the team can take in hundreds of rescued dogs at a given time.