It has been known that purchasing a dog, including a Bernedoodle, can make your wallet empty. That’s why getting one from a rescue is recommended. Not only can it save your money, but also it can save the life of the dog or puppy.
For anyone who are considering to adopt a Bernedoodle from a rescue, check out the list of the best Bernedoodle rescues for adoption below:
- Doodle Rescue Collective or DRC Inc. – Rhode Island
- Address: 77 Buttonwoods Avenue Warwick, RI 02886
- Website: https://doodlerescueinc.ning.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Doodle Rescue Collective or DRC Inc. is known as the non-profit that was founded in 2008. This one is run by more than 800 volunteers in both the United States and Canada. There is an adoption rehoming program provided by the rescue. With this kind of program, you are allowed to give the second chance to the unwanted or surrendered puppies or dogs.
- IDOG Rescue – Texas
- Address: 6711 Stella Link Road, Suite 344, Houston, TX 77005
- Website: https://www.idogrescue.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IDOGRescue/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/idog_rescue
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/idog_rescue/
- Email: email@example.com
IDOG Rescue was founded in 2006. Just like Doodle Rescue Collective or DRC Inc., this rescue is also non-profit. This one is dedicated to rescuing maltreated, unwanted, or retired Doodles, including Bernedoodles.
- Doodle Rock Rescue – Texas
- Website: https://doodlerockrescue.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DoodleRockRescue/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/doodlerockrescue/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Doodle Rock Rescue was founded in 2007. This one has the goal to keep Doodles away from euthanasia. Everyone at the rescue always tries its best to rescue Bernedoodles that are in critical condition or in really bad states. All the dogs or puppies that they have successfully rescued will undergo a rehabilitation program through foster care.
- Somerset Cottage Poodle Rescue or SCPR – Virginia
- Address: Fairfax, VA 22033
- Website: https://www.somersetcottagepoodlerescue.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Somerset-Cottage-Poodle-Rescue-1491250814492694/
- Email: email@example.com
Somerset Cottage Poodle Rescue, which is also more known as SCPR in short, refers to an organization that focuses on rehoming companion dogs. This one is run by volunteers. The team has spent their time rescuing and connecting companion dogs and senior Poodle mixes to loving families.
- Michigan doodle Rescue Connect or MDRC – Michigan
- Website: https://www.michigandoodlerescueconnect.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MICHIGANDOODLERESCUECONNECT/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michigan Doodle Rescue Connect or MDRC has a place where they care for and rehabilitate Poodle mixes, such as the Bernedoodle breed. The mental health of the dogs is their first priority. They will make sure that the dogs will get extra care and attention they deserve. There are volunteers who also play an important role in helping dogs to adjust and transition to their new families.
- BFW Rescue Inc. – South Carolina
- Address: PO Box 865 McCormick, SoC. 29835
- Phone: 805-201-5150
- Website: https://www.bfwrescue.org/
- Email: email@example.com
Just like most rescues, BFW Rescue Inc. is also counted as a non-profit organization. The team of this rescue is dedicated to finding a loving family for the puppies or dogs, including Bernedoodles. Not only that, they also provide proper rehabilitation to these dogs and puppies. Through their foster based program, these pets are temporarily taken in foster homes.
- Doodle Dandy Rescue or DDR – Texas
- Address: Dallas, Texas, 75243
- Website: https://www.doodledandyrescue.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/doodledandyrescue/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7aJqDde7sGARgVUDc9tYPQ
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Doodle Dandy Rescue is also run by volunteers. This one has the aim to rehome the dogs or puppies, including Bernedoodles that are found in crisis or taken from bad situations. The rescue has about 500 volunteers that are always ready to monitor shelters and to respond to the reports sent by people. Before getting helped to find their forever home, these dogs or puppies are usually placed in their foster families for more or less three weeks.
- NorCal Poodle Rescue – California
- Address: 10126 Alta Sierra Dr # 282 Grass Valley, CA 95949
- Phone: 925-322-0223
- Website: https://www.norcalpoodlerescueadoption.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NorCalPoodleRescue/
- Email: email@example.com
The non-profit organization called NorCal Poodle Rescue is based in California. This one focuses on taking in unwanted and abused Poodles and mixes, including Bernedoodles. This rescue is named as the third largest rescue in the United States. By being the third largest in the country, it is not surprising that it has a wide network of volunteers and foster families in a lot of states in the United States.
- Summit Dog Rescue – Colorado
- Address: PO Box 17693, Boulder, Colorado 80308
- Website: https://www.summitdogrescue.org/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summit Dog Rescue that is located in Colorado is popular for its contribution in saving more Bernedoodles compared to most rescues to the area. In its location in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, Bernese Mountain dogs and Bernedoodles are easy to find.
Just like most rescues, the one who wants to adopt a Bernedoodle from Summit Dog Rescue also has to follow a few things. However, there are some differences. One of the things that cannot be found in the other rescues is the potential adopter has to sign up for a training class or private dog training lessons. Make sure to do it before seeing the adoption contract.
- Mid-Atlantic Poodle Rescue or MAPR – Virginia
- Website: http://midatlanticpoodlerescue.org/index.html
- Email: email@example.com
Mid-Atlantic Poodle Rescue is affiliated with the Poodle Club of America Rescue Foundation. This place is full of volunteers. Everyone there always tries their best to rescue and rehome unwanted Doodle dog breeds, as well as Bernedoodles that are either surrendered to the organization or pulled from shelters around several states in the United States, including Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.
If you are ready to get a Bernedoodle from Mid-Atlantic Poodle Rescue, you can just send an email and then fill out the adoption form. By following the steps, you will be included into the waitlist and be prescreened for the proper dog. If there is a baby or a young kid in your place, it is better for you to look for the other rescues or forget your plan as this one will not allow you to adopt a Bernedoodle if these kids are around. This policy is applied for the sake of these kids and the dog.